Monday, June 29, 2009

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn


This was the second book I read by this author. This was actually her first published book, but I read it after I read "Dark Places." I think "Dark Places" was a better book, but I did enjoy this story. Like "Dark Places" this is a pretty dark book with many characters that are pretty dysfunctional. This story is about a woman who is a reporter. She is sent to her hometown to investigate the murders of two young girls. When she arrives home her past and her present collide and she isn't sure if she can handle it. She had a pretty rough past in this town and not such a great relationship with her mother. Her sister died at a young age and now her mother has another daughter who is also having a rough time. The woman begins to look into the murders and she would never believe where that journey takes her. This is a pretty short book and reads quite quickly. I think you will enjoy it, but as I stated I thought her second book was better. Just remember if you read either book, both are definitely on the dark side!

No comments: